Baldwin College gets Accreditation from the National Accreditation Board (NAB) to run BSc. Medical Laboratory Technology Programme
The National Accreditation Board on the 4th of July, 2016 accredited Baldwin College to run the Bachelor of Science (BSc.) Programme in Medical Laboratory Technology.
The Medical Laboratory Technology degree course at Baldwin College is aimed at producing a competent Medical Laboratory Technologist of high professional standing in the delivery of laboratory practice and:
- Able to practice in all spheres of medical laboratory technology or other related areas of employment,
- Capable of functioning as an informed professional in a changing health care system and have the ability to evaluate and construct their own approach to medical laboratory science practice,
- Inculcated with values necessary to serve the patient and society as a caring, ethical, knowledgeable professional and enlightened citizen, be it independently or as an active member of the healthcare delivery system,
- Acquire skills in critical observation and enquiry through placements in different units of specialties,
- Possess the capacity to continue as a productive and responsible member of the profession and assume leadership roles as appropriate to the profession and society,
- Acquire a good understanding of current and future health issues, public health policy and international health rules and regulations.
This accreditation comes after the University of Cape Coast (UCC) granted the college affiliation about a year ago to run the BSc. Medical Laboratory Technology and BSc. Information Technology Programmes.
Baldwin College received its Institutional Accreditation from the National Accreditation Board (NAB) on the 1st of September, 2014.