We have well developed and career-oriented certificate programmes. The duration of these certificate programmes is between 6 and 12 months depending on the course involved. The following programmes are currently available:
Bachelor of Science (BSc.) Information Technology
The aim of the program is to meet the existing and emerging needs of industry by educating new IT workers in current IT principles and practices, and in its applications. The program focuses on equipping graduates with effective skills for interacting at the management level as well as the technical level. It has also been designed to enable graduates fill jobs that focus on the application of IT in an increasing number of emerging sub disciplines, including network administration, information security, information systems, telecommunications, web development, computer graphics, and data management. The Programmes will also provide a gateway into both the Information Technology and Entrepreneurial environments within the community enabling the student to be gainfully employed as an entrepreneur, employee or consultant.
Bachelor of Science (BSc.) Software Engineering
The aim of the Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering is to equip students with provide a professionally guided education in Software Engineering, the skills to develop high quality software and to prepare graduates to transition into a broad range of career options including industry, government, computing graduate program, and professional education.
Bachelor of Science (BSc.) Medical Laboratory Science
The BSc. Medical Laboratory Science Programme is aimed at producing a competent Medical Laboratory Technologist of high professional standing in the delivery of laboratory practice and:
- able to practice in all spheres of medical laboratory science or other related areas of employment,
- capable of functioning as an informed professional in a changing health care system and have the ability to evaluate and construct their own approach to medical laboratory science practice,
- inculcated with values necessary to serve the patient and society as a caring, ethical, knowledgeable professional and enlightened citizen, be it independently or as an active member of the healthcare delivery system,
- acquire skills in critical observation and enquiry through placements in different units of specialties
- possess the capacity to continue as a productive and responsible member of the profession and assume leadership roles as appropriate to the profession and society,
- acquire a good understanding of current and future health issues, public health policy and international health rules and regulations.
Diploma (HND) Programmes
The prospect of the Diploma programmes for successful candidates is bright. These programmes creates a unique employment opportunities for successful candidates in Government and private institutions, research and training institutions, etc. The certificate for the Diploma programmes are awarded by National Board for Professional and Technician Examinations (NABPTEX), our affiliate body. The following Diploma programmes are currently available: